Thursday, April 8, 2010

Noscript blocking Google Voice Callme Widget

Am I the only person that has run into this?

OK I put Google call me widgets up on several of my web pages. I had done so on several test pages, and everything was working fine. I run Firefox w/ noscript, IE8 and Chrome. It worked on every page in every browser. Hesitated going live with it though.

Well fast forward a few days and I decided to go live. I mean what's it gonna hurt, it'll go directly to voicemail. I then make the appropriate changes to my templates and publish. Well poof, the widget disappears from everywhere. I start digging to see what might be wrong, and then finally decide to check in Chrome. There it was bigger than life. Was also working in IE8. Hmmmmmm. Well after doing a lot of digging and playing around on the net I couldn't find ANY widget. However they worked fine in the other two browsers. I decided to just disable Noscript and see what happened. Poof there they were.

I hae yet to discover what has changed, but I am sure that it is something, and I will keep you up to date in what I discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment