Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fat Cat Bike with 6.5HP can move some weight around!

Buddy of mine has gotten his kids a bunch of doodlebugs with 2.5 HP motors. Well of course he needs to be able to keep up with the little speed demons. So back when he bought his oldest one a bike, a little while later he had to buy himself one. That is what I am sitting on. Let me tell you these little things can cook along pretty good. John's got a chassis he picked up from somewhere, and we are going to build me one. Probably start out with a 6.5HP I have, but there is a real good chance that I will be putting a 13hp motor in there. Oh YA.

This thing has a little short jack shaft on it for gear reduction. John and I are thinking that with a 13 horse motor we could do away with the jack shaft and just run it straight. Give up a little on low end but gain a bunch on upper end. That is what I hope anyway.

If you want details of the build you can always check them out at www.samuelraileyefurd.com/scooter.html

No comments:

Post a Comment